Membership Versus Certification
You may be a member of the ICA without being an International Coaching Association Certified Coach. There is a fundamental difference between membership and certification.
Membership differs from certification in that membership does not automatically confer certification to the member. Only by going through the certification process can the coach proclaim that they are a “Certified Coach and Member of the International Coaching Association”.
Members in good standing are entitled to receive:
1) Access to business-building white papers
2) Access to the library of International Coaching Association materials and articles
3) Access to our renowned marketing program “Rich Integration”
4) The legal right to display “Member of the International Coaching Association” plus the ICA logo on their business card and website as well as the right to display the appropriate designation following their name (if applicable) (CCE- Certified Coach – Executive; CCL Certified Coach - Life, etc.).
5) Approval to include International Coaching Association membership on any proposals they send out so that the organization requesting coaching services can feel confident that the coach under consideration adheres to the ethical principles required by membership in the International Coaching Association.
Telephone 727.327.8777 to purchase. Thank you.
Benefits of Becoming an ICA Certified Coach
Many proposals from the public sector and corporations in the private sector require certification from a recognized certifying organization for bidding on contracts - especially for executive coaching. It is now common for Life Coaches to be asked for proof of certification before clients engage their services. The International Coaching Association (ICA) offers membership and certification to coaching professionals who are trained and or certified by other organizations or self-trained. Now, more than ever, specific industry-recognized credentials are critical for coaches to:
1) Establish trust
2) Provide proof of a certain level of competence in their profession
3) Assist in increasing income